- What is the Annual O. Henry Pun-Off World Championships? Read This! and Watch This!
- Where is the Pun-Off taking place? Read This!
- What is the order of events? Read This!
- Will there be social gatherings, awards? Read This!
- Who won in 2016? Read this!
- What is a pun? Read This!
- Who are these smarty pants guys? Read This!
what’s new this year?
We’re celebrating the 40th Anniversary with a fun exhibit “Once a-Pun A Time” with photos, an interactive game, and memorabilia in the Susanna Dickinson Museum. We’re also searching for great sponsors/donors for our fundraising auction. The design for an awesome 40th anniversary souvenir t-shirt is nearing approval.
Want to Enter?
- The registration web link will be live at noon, Central Daylight Time, -5 UTC, on Saturday, April 1st, and will remain live for 48 hours. (If you are too late, well come to watch and practice to enter next year.)
- Eventbrite.com is handling the lottery registrations, for which you will need to create a free account, which you can do now or later.
- Please double-check the accuracy of your ticket information so that we may contact you with lottery results.
- Eventbrite will send you an email confirmation that your entry was received. This will NOT be a confirmation that you will be in the event. That will come later.
- We will stop accepting registrations at noon on Monday, April 3rd at noon, Central Daylight Time.
- We will run a random lottery for both the Punniest of Show and Punslingers and by April 5th we’ll send you an email stating that you are either officially in the competition or on the stand-by waiting list.
- Until the day of the Pun-Off, we will monitor any competitor withdrawals. We will email persons next in line on standby status that they can now enter the competition. Persons will at that point have 24 hours to respond they want to compete. If they do not respond or decline, we will select the next person on the waiting list.
- Visit this site’s FAQ and Ask The Punmeister pages, join the Pun-Off Facebook group, and follow punoffATX on Twitter for announcements.
- On the day of the Pun-Off, May 13, 2017, bring your Eventbrite Ticket ID and check in before 11:45 AM. We encourage everybody on the standby list to be prepared to compete because it seems we always have some shy “no shows” and need to fill vacant slots.